Being a dietitian, everyone always asks me how to lose weight and body fat. With that intention in mind- I gave you the 5 foods you needed to stop buying to make your life EASIER and to help you with your goals.
Although it may feel like you're giving up your favorite foods, you're actually doing something good for yourself!
Here are my 5 alternatives to the foods listed in the previous post.
1) Instead of Reduced Fat Peanut Butter- buy regular, natural peanut butter or almond butter. If the ingredients are more than peanuts and salt, stay away. Why would you need to add more oil to oil? I do prefer almond butter, but it can also get pricey. Another option is just grinding up some almonds at home, and making your own almond butter!
2) Instead of granola bars, replace that with piece of fruit like an apple and a handful of almonds.This will help keep your bloods sugar steady, and the fat in the almonds will keep you feeling full.
If you have kids and still want to have a healthier granola bar option- here a recipe you can make at home. http://minimalistbaker.com/healthy-5-ingredient-granola-bars/
3) For a cereal substitute- choose oatmeal, quinoa, or even buckwheat. The more processed carbs we eat, the more we crave them. That's why I avoid cereals. You can add yummy ingredients like blueberries, cinnamon, almonds, or walnuts to make them more your breakfast more exciting.
4) Instead of lunch meat- slice up the meat you had the night before for dinner, or use rotisserie chicken meat. This way, you know all of the ingredients that is in your lunch!
5) Instead of any whole grain bread- choose Ezekiel Bread. Some of my clients that have issues with gluten use brown rice bread. The most important thing when purchasing bread, is to look at the ingredients. If the ingredients list is a whole paragraph long and you can't pronounce any of the ingredients….stay away!